You’re in luck! Google has a free tool to see how your site fares in the scheme of mobile-friendly to mobile-enemy.
If you’d prefer to do a mental, common-sense check, ask yourself these questions.
- Does your mobile site carry as much utility as your desktop version?
- If not, can a visitor perform key tasks with ease?
- Is it as informative and as easy/fast for a mobile visitor to access important information?
- If your visitor wants to contact you, can they do it just as quickly on mobile and desktop?
- What if they want to learn more about your core product or service?
Chances are that, no matter how mobile-friendly you’ve built your desktop-based website to be, a review of the questions above will yield some helpful improvements. Now is a good time to act on those improvements.